Thursday, November 16, 2017

Maston - Swans

 hear this
What Frank Maston is up to I'd sure like to know more about. The silly indents he has for his new label that show at the beginning of the new music video are great. And I love the new record. Returning to this band is great because it seems he has followed the same path of inspiration as me and many of my peers: Harkening to library gems and film scores from the likes of Basil Kirchin, Piot, and of course, Umiliani. Its pretty appropriate that this song was released with the series of "phonoscope" indents: it definitely sets up the mindset and mood to appreciate this record; part modern lowkeypsych gem part hauntological media part neo- library record. It is verryyy Ghost Box. Also reminds me of what bibio briefly touched on hereI wonder what else will come of this direction and this label. The aesthetic is pretty clear cut, down to the rolling papers. I am excited to see if he has any other projects in store, and what  he may be recording at Phonoscope studios. 


No comments:

Post a Comment